Monday, February 9, 2009

BEFORE & AFTER

James and I cleaned ALL weekend. 7am to 11pm. Non-stop. Our house is spotless. Every cabinet, drawer, closet, desk, and shelf has been, dusted, wiped down, and organized. We feel very accomplished. Needless to say, our house feels like a brand new home.


We LOVE our new floors!

Before dining room:


After dining room:


Before
living room:

Can anyone find Waldo in this picture?

After
living room:


Before kitchen/breakfast area:


After kitchen/breakfast area:


If you look closely, we put felt pads under EVERYTHING to protect the floors....even the trash can has a pad under it. Next time you come over to our house, don't be offended if we ask you to take off your shoes. We are being VERY protective over our new floors. I about died when I dropped some ice tea on the floor. You should have seen my panic reaction. I realize this phase won't last for long. ha ha.

I've also decided that I want a very clean and polished look in the house. You might notice that I didn't put everything back out on the shelves, tables, and fire place mantle. I want to start with a clean slate.

I'm ready to go rug shopping!!!

5 comments:

Courtney said...

LOVE the floors - that looks great! I bet you'll really enjoy coming home to them after work today!

Kristen said...

Man - it looks awesome! You guys should be so proud of yourselves...

Sarah D. said...

It looks like a totally different house! I love them! Good job Lees! :)

Liz said...

WHOO WHOO!!!!!! Good job! Y'all are awesome!!!

Haegelin Family said...

oh my gosh!!! what a transformation! i love them and love your frequent posting lately! :)